How Jurors are chosen
By law your name has been randomly selected by computer to serve as a juror in Franklin County. Potential jurors are selected randomly from a combined Voter Registration and Department of Licensing drivers' and identification card holder's list. The law requires a fair cross-section of each county's qualified residents. All jurors who serve on jury duty must meet all eligibility requirements.
Eligibility requirements for Jury Duty are:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be a resident of Franklin County
- You must be able to communicate in the English language
- If you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must be restored
Why are some people summoned several times and others are never chosen?
Because of the random selection process, some names are selected every year or so, and some never are.