||LEGAL SECRETARY III
||PROSECUTOR'S OFFICE - COURTHOUSE
||$2689.50 / MONTHLY
GRADE 12, NON-EXEMPT, BARGAINING, FULL-TIME, FULL-BENEFITS
||January 27, 2017
||Open Until Filled
You will be working in the Franklin County Prosecutor’s office in the Civil Division assisting the Risk Manager. You will independently respond to PDR requests, and need to be familiar with Adobe Acrobat Pro. You will process litigation files; format pleadings and process the various legal documents that go along with civil litigation.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• Process public records
• Process Appeals; track, format briefs and process the various legal documents that go along with the filing of appeals.
• Process incident reports, and claims for damages
• Assist in coordinating the daily work assignments and activities within the department.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or G.E.D, familiar with the legal/court process. Coursework in legal secretarial practices, and three years of progressively responsible legal secretarial experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job. Knowledge of Adobe Professional, Microsoft suite and outlook. The ability to efficiently learn computer programs such as Karpel and GovQA. Paralegal certificate desired.
• Education/work experience with Risk Management highly desired.
• Valid Washington State driver’s license required.
• Eligibility for coverage under the County’s insurance carrier based on successful completion of a criminal history background check.
Please email cover letter, resume, and Franklin County Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to:
Franklin County Human Resources
1016 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Full Job Description
Franklin County Application Form
Selection based on qualifications, interview, background check and drug screening.
Equal employement opportunity / affirmative action employer