||TEMPORARY OFFICE ASSISTANT
||PUBLIC WORKS – ADMINISTRATIVE DIVISION
||$17.38 PER HOUR
GRADE 13, NON-EXEMPT, NON-BARGAINING, FULL-TIME, FULL BENEFITS
||March 1, 2017
||Open Until Filled
The Public Works Office Assistant performs secretarial, clerical, and administrative duties to contribute to efficient
office operation within the Public Works Department. Responsibilities include a wide variety of secretarial and clerical duties
such as typing, filing, data entry, preparation of forms, answering phones, managing calendars, fielding Public Works related
questions from employees, and the general public. Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, an outstanding
customer service attitude, and the proven ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in conversation while working
with Administrative matters. This is a long term temporary position expected to last approximately 12 months.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• Assists with office operations, providing confidential secretarial support to the Public Works Department.
• Assists in maintaining and updating detailed records to assure accurate and reliable statistical reports.
• Assists in processing purchase related records, may assist with the maintenance of supply inventory.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
• High School diploma, or G.E.D., one year of vocational training or college, and three years of progressively responsible
secretarial experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the
desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
• Eligibility for coverage under the County’s insurance carrier based on successful completion of a criminal history
Please email cover letter, resume, and Franklin County Application Form to email@example.com or submit to:
Franklin County Human Resources
1016 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Full Job Description
Franklin County Application Form
Selection based on qualifications, interview, background check and drug screening.
Equal employement opportunity / affirmative action employer