||ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT III
||AUDITOR – FRANKLIN COUNTY COURTHOUSE
|Salary / Classification
||$3,106.00 / MONTH
GRADE 14, NON-EXEMPT, BARGAINING, FULL-TIME, FULL BENEFITS
||March 14, 2017
||Open Until Filled
Performs a variety of advanced level bookkeeping and accounting assignments to prepare, maintain, and post complex financial data to the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers or other fiscal records and to analyze and prepare financial related reports for a broad departmental program or County-wide function according to generally accepted accounting procedures. Responsibilities may include coordination of accounting areas such as: cost and performance analysis for County projects, developing and maintaining database systems for financial management, or preparing payroll and financial reports for a complex department. May supervise or direct the work of lower graded accounting support personnel.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• Assumes responsibility for a complex County-wide or broad departmental accounting function, preparing, maintaining or verifying all related financial activity, records and reports.
• Prepares financial reports required by state law. Compiles data from all accounting records and verifies accuracy in order to record revenue and expenditures for statements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Associate’s degree in business, accounting, or related field, and three years of progressively responsible bookkeeping or general accounting experience, including general ledger responsibilities, preferably in government account; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Eligibility for coverage under the County’s insurance carrier based on successful completion of a criminal history background check.
Please email cover letter, resume, and Franklin County Application Form to email@example.com or submit to:
Franklin County Human Resources
1016 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Full Job Description
Franklin County Application Form
Selection based on qualifications, interview, background check and drug screening.
Equal employement opportunity / affirmative action employer