||FRANKLIN COUNTY PLANNING AND BUILDING
|Salary / Classification
||$5,002.50 - $5,792.00 / MONTH, DOQ
GRADE 19, EXEMPT, NON-BARGAINING, FULL TIME, FULL-BENEFITS
||April 26, 2017
||Open Until Filled
This is a professional planner position serving as an assistant to the department under the general supervision
of the Director of Planning and Building. The Senior Planner assists the Director with the direction and supervision of the
Planning Department and shares the responsibility for the following internal divisions and/or programs of the Planning
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• The Senior Planner assists the Director with the direction and supervision of the Planning Department.
• Supervision of the Planning Department staff in providing accurate and timely information to the public regarding
development under County codes and policies. Reviews and supervises the review of proposals as required under
Franklin County Ordinances.
• Maintenance and implementation of the County and Department personnel policies as related to the planning
department and its employees.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of the Departmental budgets.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Urban/Regional Planning or a closely related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Land Development experience is desirable. Excellent project management and communication skills. Five years of
land use planning and related experience, and at least two years of supervisory experience.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Eligibility for coverage under the County’s insurance carrier based on successful completion of a criminal history
Please email cover letter, resume, and Franklin County Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to:
Franklin County Human Resources
1016 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Full Job Description
Franklin County Application Form
Selection based on qualifications, interview, background check and drug screening.
Equal employement opportunity / affirmative action employer