||EQUIPMENT OPERATOR 1
||FRANKLIN COUNTY - PUBLIC WORKS - CONNELL
|Salary / Classification
||$16.55 / PER HOUR
GRADE 12, NON-EXEMPT, BARGAINING, FULL TIME, FULL BENEFITS
||AUGUST 10, 2017
||OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Operates a variety of specialized equipment and performs varied semi-skilled and skilled routine manual work to maintain and repair the County road system. Participates in major repair and construction projects and performs other duties as required.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• Operates an eight to ten cubic yard dump truck or smaller truck in hauling hot and cold mix, sand, gravel and other materials for use in road maintenance and construction work
• Plows snow and sands icy roads with truck mounted snowplow and sander
• Performs other related duties as assigned
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma, or G.E.D., and at least one year of truck and/or equipment operation experience, preferably in road maintenance or related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job.
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License with C.D.L. Class A endorsement with Tank Vehicle Endorsement.
• Valid First Aid and CPR Card (Ability to obtain within six (6) Months).
• Valid Flagging Card (Ability to obtain within six (6) Months).
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Current abstract of driving record.
• Eligibility for coverage under the County’s insurance carrier based on successful completion of a criminal history background check.
Please email cover letter, resume, and Franklin County Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to:
Franklin County Human Resources
1016 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Franklin County Application Form
Selection based on qualifications, interview, background check and drug screening.
Equal employement opportunity / affirmative action employer