Public Works Divisions
Transportation Engineering and Planning Services
Resolutions and Ordinances
Solid Waste
Employment Opportunities
Contact Public WorksRequest Service

When a county road or any part thereof is considered useless, the Franklin County Board of Commissioners by resolution entered upon its minutes, may declare its intention to vacate and abandon the same or any portion thereof and shall direct the Franklin County Engineer to report upon such vacation and abandonment.

The vacation process shall be completed in accordance with RCW 36.87 Roads And Bridges - Vacation.

For questions concerning the vacation process, please contact our office.

Petition for the Vacation of a County Road (Sample) - 28 KB