Public Works Divisions
Transportation Engineering and Planning Services
Resolutions and Ordinances
Solid Waste
Employment Opportunities
Contact Public WorksRequest Service

It is the policy of the Franklin County Public Works Department to control roadside vegetation through the application of herbicide and by mechanical mowing and clearing.  Herbicide is applied to shoulders of all paved roads and to shoulders of gravel roads as needed, budget permitting.  Herbicide application does not generally occur in the urban areas of Franklin County.

Property owners adjacent to roadways may request that the shoulders along their property not receive an application of herbicide by completing a “No Spray Request”.  By making such request the property owner acknowledges that the County will not provide any vegetation control, including mechanical means, and that the property owner will be solely responsible to control vegetation in a manner acceptable to the County.

Beginning in 2014 the “No Spray Request” will have an option to be permanent or annual.  Property owners who wish to maintain a permanent no spray area may indicate that on the form and will only need to submit a new form if there are changes to the no spray area.  Property owners who only need the no spray area for a season may mark that box on the form and the agreement will automatically expire on December 31 of the current year.

Vegetation Spraying and “No Spray Requests” are managed in accordance with the Franklin County Public Works Policy on Roadside Vegetation Management (R.P.P. #3).

For information concerning No Spray Request, please contact our office.

No Spray Request Form - 138 KB
No Spray Sign Sample - 19 KB